Your Fruits and Veggies
are Safer than you Think
About the Alliance for Food & Farming
- What is the Alliance for Food and Farming?
- The Alliance for Food and Farming (AFF) is a non-profit organization formed in 1989 which represents organic and conventional farmers of fruits and vegetables and farms of all sizes. AFF contributors are limited to farmers of fruits and vegetables, companies that sell, market or ship fruits and vegetables or organizations that represent produce farmers. Our mission is to deliver credible information about the safety of produce. The AFF does not engage in any lobbying activities, nor do we accept any money or support from the pesticide industry.
Teresa Thorne serves as the Executive Director of the AFF and is assisted in all aspects of running this non-profit organization by Rosi Gong. The AFF is based in the farming community of Watsonville, California and we are proud to represent farmers growing the food that health experts universally agree we should all eat more of every day.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 2747, Watsonville, CA 95077. You can reach Rosi or Teresa by phone at (831) 786-1666 or email at info [at] foodandfarming.info
Click here to download our 2015 Tax Return
- How does the AFF work to achieve its mission?
- The AFF provides factual, science based information to reassure consumers about the safety of all produce. The information presented on this website was developed in conjunction with experts in the fields of toxicology, risk analysis, nutrition, health and farming. Providing consumers with science-based studies and analyses, peer-reviewed research and balanced information about the safety of fruits and vegetables allows facts, not fears, to guide shopping choices.
The AFF also counters and corrects misinformation and inaccuracies about produce safety which may discourage consumers from healthful eating habits and undermine public health efforts to increase consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- What is your main message for consumers?
- Eat more fruits and veggies every day for better health and a longer life! Both organic and conventional production methods yield safe and healthy foods that experts everywhere agree we should all eat more of each day.
- What about regulatory or legislative affairs?
- The Alliance is not involved with regulatory or legislative affairs.